A few words from Andrew Longstaff.
- Andrew, describe yourself as a person.
- I'm a digital humanist, working with code to make interesting products and experiments with people at a center of design. I'm also in my free time an artist, tinkerer and gamer.
- Describe your last years submission. The language – why did you choose it, how long did you take?
- Why did you start coding? How?
- I taught myself how to code after university as I loved puzzles and computer games when I was growing up, the interaction and complexity of the systems was wonderful to try and figure out. I made a few small demo games before managing to get a job coding where I learnt all the rest of the things you need to know for the industry.
- In my free time I love art and experimenting with processes to make beautiful things. Code poetry was a wonderful opportunity to not only look at what was being made but to highlight the beauty in the process of making in a digital context.